Thursday, July 30, 2009

Orphan

Aaaah. I love a good "psycho and/or demonic child wreaks havoc on their parents" flick. Creepy kids are the best part of movies. Lol And the fact that Esther was adopted just made it all that much more appealing.
Okay, so the premise of the film is this couple is looking to adopt a child to add to their family of four. They have a son and a daughter already. The son is like 13 and the daughter is like 6. Anywho...the woman was pregnant with their third child but the baby was still born. This really fucked up their minds, the wife in particular.
So after years of trying to get past the tragedy, they decide to adopt a little girl. Because baby Jessica didn't survive and they want to give the love they would have given to her...to a little girl who needs it.
Enter Esther.
Esther is this charming 9 year old kid from Russia. She likes to paint, she loves music, she's well spoken, and she's cute as a button.
Oh, and she's also bat shit crazy.
Her charming qualities quickly begin to disappear as she begins to toy with the minds of her family and even threatens their lives.
There is a HUGE plot twist that I wouldn't dare ruin for anyone. It's random and unrealistic, but an excellent twist nonetheless. I doubt anyone will see it coming. I sure as heck didn't.
KUDOS to Isabelle Fuhrman. I don't even think she's really Russian but the accent was on point! And she was the shit! in this movie. Lol. She was crazy as fuck but I was rooting for her the whole time. Esther is a G. See the movie and you'll feel me on that.
It was a pretty good movie in my opinion. It had lots of parts that make you jump, squirm, gasp, and laugh out loud. It was low key more gruesome than I thought it was going to be. I mean....sheesh. I give this film two titties up!

No comments:

Post a Comment